Zoned Properties, Inc. (OTCQB: ZDPY)
Zoned Properties is a leading real estate development firm for emerging and highly regulated industries, including the regulated cannabis industry. We are redefining the commercial real estate development process with constantly evolving market services based on the specific needs of our clients. At the core, we focus on our clients’ specific project needs using a full-spectrum approach of customizable services.
The GIS Technician will report directly to the Associate Director of Advisory Services of Zoned Properties, with the primary purpose of creating custom GIS maps under the Advisory Services Division. The GIS Technician will be responsible for curating maps and mapping data; incorporating zoning regulations and sensitive-use setback requirements to determine the available properties in geographic areas viable for cannabis operations. The position will also work to develop industry data and key research processes that maximize the Company’s ability to execute its Advisory Services, i.e. governmental outreach, phone calls and emails for shapefile requests, etc. As a representative of Zoned Properties, the GIS Technician must always protect and enhance the Company’s stakeholder reputation via any and all interactions with local officials, representatives, and community members.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Understand municipal rules and regulations, zoning ordinances, zoning maps, etc.
- Conducting phone calls to municipalities for information gathering
- Document and organize data and pertinent information
- Using Zoned’s best practices, create, update, implement GIS maps on a daily basis for clients needs.
- Export list of parcels that meet zoning/other requirements
- Gather and organize data in an efficient and effective manner
PERFORMANCE METRICS (i.e. Success in this Position will be measured by…)
Key Performance Indicators will be established in the company designated OKR format within the first 90 days of starting (i.e. the probationary period). The GIS Technician will need to help facilitate Client objectives within both the Advisory Services and Brokerage Divisions, and develop key database procedures to continue growth of the company.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Entry-level/recent graduate position
- Education and Professional Experience will be reviewed and considered
- Technologically Savvy
- Ability to work on computer for long periods of time
- Ability to research and understand local zoning code documents, zoning maps, muni e-code
- Ability to work with and organize large amounts of data
- Ability to multitask, jumping from one project to another and remembering to go back to where you left off.
- ATTENTION TO DETAIL IS A MUST.
- Comprehensive knowledge of ArcMap, ArcGIS Pro, or other GIS Mapping tools, including projections, buffers, and other analysis tools.
- Proficient with Google Suite: G-Drive, G-Sheets (SPREADSHEETS DAILY), G-Docs, G-Slides
- Well organized, efficient at data analysis
- Experience working in fast-paced and emerging industries
- Pay-Rate: DOQ / DOE
- Travel Percentage: May include as much as 25% Travel, Work From Home (WFH)
- Some days require to be in Scottsdale HQ office.
- Employment Status: Full-time, Exempt, Hourly Position, Salaried Position, At-will, Virtual Work Env.
- Benefits: Salaried employees eligible for health insurance benefits upon the first day of month following hire date. 401(k) benefit available after 90 day probationary period.
- Work Schedule: Varying dependent upon Duties & Responsibilities
- Attire/Uniform: Business Professional and Business Casual
- Evaluation: Employee will be evaluated on at least a semi-annual basis
COMPANY POLICIES, COMPLIANCE, AND CONFIDENTIALITY
The GIS Technician will comply with all Company Policies as determined by the Chief Executive Officer and the Board of Directors. The GIS Technician will abide by all terms of the Zoned Properties Employee Handbook 2023. All employees will be required to complete a Non-Disclosure agreement and keep Company information confidential.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00 – $22.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Education: High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Work Location: Remote