Zoned Properties in MISSISSIPPI
2.94 million (2022)
Local Zoned Broker:
Number of Retail Licenses:
Issuing licenses since 2022
Drive Thru Allowed:
Buy, Sell, Lease, Rent Compliant Properties in Mississippi: Let Us Be Your Guide!
Are you looking for compliant cannabis real estate in Mississippi? Are you a cannabis operator looking for professional help with site identification or real estate brokerage? Do you want to experience a smooth transition from search to construction? Zoned Properties is the team to call.
We understand how difficult and tricky it is to find cannabis real estate, especially in highly regulated markets like Mississippi. The process can be time-consuming and tedious, from studying tons of zoning regulations to sifting through endless zoning codes and GIS software and seeking approval from municipalities.
Let’s take that burden off your shoulders and help you locate compliant zones easily and quickly. Whether you’re a cultivator, retailer, manufacturer, or transporter, we will help you find quality, compliant properties to establish your business.
With a keen understanding of zoning regulations, market trends, and compliance, we strategically identify sites that align with your needs, paving the way for your success in the thriving Cannabis industry.
Our experienced brokers combine deep industry knowledge with exceptional negotiation skills to help you secure the best deals, connecting you with prime properties and realizing your investment goals.
As your trusted partner, we provide expert guidance and a keen understanding of the market to help you make informed investment decisions. Our other services give us access to the most profitable real estate deals you can invest in.
Ready To Invest In Cannabis Real Estate In MS?
We bring extensive expertise in rigorous analysis, property selection, and due diligence. We will optimize your Cannabis real estate journey to help you navigate the industry’s complexities confidently and professionally.
Let’s help you discover lucrative, business-friendly, compliant Cannabis real estate properties in Mississippi today!
Send us a message to find compliant zones in Mississippi today!
Mississippi Cannabis Regulations
State Cannabis Overview: Mississippi legalized the use and sale of medical Marijuana to qualified patients to treat clearly stated medical conditions.
Mississippi cannabis taxes are quite friendly, as the state charges a seven percent (7%) excise tax on all retail sales and a five percent (5%) tax on wholesale. According to the state’s Department of Revenue, dispensary operators will pay a $15,000 non-refundable application fee and a $25,000 annual license fee.
Licensing: Mississippi is issuing eight types of Cannabis licenses to medical Marijuana operators, and the Department of Revenue oversees this process. The state has issued licenses since late 2022, and more license applications are being approved.
Below is a breakdown of the eight types of Cannabis licenses that will be issued in Mississippi:
- Cannabis cultivators:
- Tier one (Greater than 2000 square feet but smaller than 5000 square feet canopy size): $5,000 application fee and $15,000 annual license fee.
- Tier two (Greater than 5000 square feet but smaller than 15000 square feet canopy size): $10,000 application fee and $20,000 annual license fee.
- Tier three (Greater than 15000 square feet but smaller than 30000 square feet canopy size): $20,000 application fee and $50,000 annual license fee.
- Tier four (Greater than 30000 square feet but smaller than 60000 square feet canopy size): $30,000 application fee and $75,000 annual license fee.
- Tier five (Greater than 60000 square feet but smaller than 100000 square feet canopy size): $40,000 application fee and $100,000 annual license fee.
- Tier six (Greater than 100000 square feet): $60,000 application fee and $150,000 annual license fee.
- Cannabis micro-cultivators:
- Tier one (Less than 1000 square feet): $1,500 application fee and $2,000 annual license fee.
- Tier two (Greater than 1000 square feet but smaller than 2000 square feet canopy size): $2,500 application fee and $3,500 annual license fee.
- Medical Cannabis dispensary: $15,000 application fee and $25,000 annual license fee.
- Tier one (Less than 2000 lbs): $2,000 application fee and $3,500 annual license fee.
- Tier two (Greater than 2000 lbs but smaller than 3000 lbs): $2,500 application fee and $5,000 annual license fee.
- Tier three (Greater than 3000 lbs): $15,000 application fee and $20,000 annual license fee.
- Cannabis transportation entity: $5,000 application fee and $7,500 annual license fee.
- Cannabis testing facility: $10,000 application fee and $15,000 annual license fee.
- Cannabis research facility: $10,000 application fee and $15,000 annual license fee.
- Cannabis disposal entity: $5,000 application fee and $7,500 annual license
Local Authority: Municipalities in Mississippi were allowed to opt out of the medical Cannabis program. Local authorities can also regulate further and control the use of Marijuana within their borders.
Work with an experienced Cannabis real estate company today to successfully navigate this intricate industry. Send us a message today, and let’s help you locate compliant real estate properties for all kinds of Cannabis ventures in MS.
Median Age: 37.7
Median Income: $49,111
Regulations last updated as of: August 2023
Have any Questions?
What is the status of cannabis in Mississippi?
Cannabis is legal for use and sale in Mississippi but only for medical purposes. Recreational Cannabis has not been in the talks and will likely take a few more years as the state gradually eases Cannabis laws and criminalization.
As of this writing there are more than 337 Cannabis licenses in Mississippi, and more will be issued as applications get approved in the coming months.
How big is the Mississippi cannabis market?
The cannabis market in Mississippi is new, only starting legal sales in January 2023. There hasn’t been any data regarding the level of sales or the market’s potential. However, by the end of the first fiscal year, we should be able to determine how big the market will become.
Still have questions? Contact us
Disclaimer: The information provided on this website does not, and is not intended to, constitute legal, financial, or other professional advice. All information, content, and materials available on this site are for general informational purposes only. Information on this website may not constitute the most up-to-date legal or other information. This website may contain links to other third-party websites. Such links are only for the convenience of the reader, user or browser; Zoned Properties does not recommend or endorse the contents of the third-party sites.
Interested in more Properties?
Click the button to see a complete list of available properties..